We all need a bit of me-time to relax, unwind, and enjoy a little pampering. You don’t have to pay a lot of money to get the amazing experiences of a spa if you create your own at home. With a few simple tweaks and tips, you can enjoy your very own at home spa for the perfect way to practice a little bit of self-care. We’ve put together an awesome list of ideas to help you relax and create a DIY spa that’ll have you feeling calm and serene.
CREATE YOUR OWN AT HOME SPA
Set the mood in order to create your very own spa at home, you’ll need to set the mood. From finding the perfect spa space to supplies and lighting, here are some tips to get you started on your journey to total relaxation.
SET UP YOUR SPACE
Start by choosing where you want your at-home spa to be. It can be your master bathroom or just a spare room where you can spend time in peace and quiet. A room with a view is another great option to help you get some sunshine and enjoy a little bit of nature as you unwind.
- Once you’ve chosen your space, use some relaxing products like essential oils, a bottle of bubble bath, fresh flower fragrance pillows, or a vase filled with a bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Choose scents that have a calming effect such as lavender, eucalyptus, and chamomile. Put them in an essential oil diffuser to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy at home.
- A cup of hot tea is a great way to help you relax. Gather some of your favorite teas, a cute kettle, and your favorite mug so you can sip your cares away.
- Look for ingredients to make your own DIY mask. A facial mask can soothe your skin and help you feel calm and relaxed.
- Organize all of your favorite spa goodies in a cute basket and keep them in your special space. This will make it easy for you to find everything you need so you can start relaxing right away.
ADJUST THE LIGHTING
- Bright light might not make you feel as relaxed as you could be, so dim the lights in the room for a soothing ambiance.
- Bring in some candles and turn off the overhead lights so you can bask in the candle’s illuminating glow.
- Light a scented candle before you hop in the shower or tub. This simple act will make daily bathing more relaxing, even when you don’t have time for a full spa day.
CREATE A PLAYLIST
- Music has an incredible ability to calm the nerves, so make a custom playlist featuring some of your favorite songs to help you chill.
- You can find spa music that’s specially made to help you feel calm and tranquil. Use this music as you relax and listen your cares away.
- Add a Bluetooth speaker to your spa room so you can change tracks from your smartphone and won’t need to get up and walk over to the stereo.
If you really want to feel relaxed, make sure you’re giving your hair, nails, and face the treatment they deserve. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on high-end luxury products to get the same experience. There’s a ton of options for DIY spa treatment available that you can use to create the perfect hair and face masks at home. Look for recipes and suggestions that you can do yourself to make custom spa treatments using safe, natural ingredients. A body scrub is also a great way to relax. This treatment sloughs off dry skin and leaves you feeling smooth, soft, and moisturized. Just remember to apply a moisturizing lotion after using a body scrub for the best results. Avoid applying body scrubs to damaged skin, or skin that’s extremely dry. Be experimental and look for DIY hair masks that will help your hair feel like new. This is the perfect time to allow your hair to breathe and relax.
Now that you have everything you need for a relaxing DIY spa day in the comfort of your own home, it’s time to get started. We hope you’re able to fully relax, chill, and enjoy your at-home spa day using these tips and ideas. From essential oils to DIY masks and scrubs, it’s easy to experience the same relaxing effects of an expensive spa right in your own home for the ultimate spa day anytime.
Lots of LOVE,
Your Kia-Charlotta team
Find full article here!
Remember to share our blog posts or videos and also make sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest for more fun and informative content! Remember to use #kiacharlotta so that we can see your posts with @kiacharlotta!