The delicious scent of homemade Christmas cookies? Yes, because what would Christmas be without baking? The lovely Pia has prepared a super simple vegan Linzer Christmas cookie recipe for us. These wonderful jam cookies are perfect for cozy Christmas evenings and also are very easy to bake. Even as a beginner you can try this recipe to enchant the taste of your loved ones.
VEGAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Our Linzer Cookie recipe is made with very simple ingredients. Use your home as a bakery now and enjoy the wonderful pre-Christmas season. Grab your mom, grandma or even your friends to have fun together and treat yourself with a delicious mulled wine. After all, the Christmas season is there to enjoy!
VEGAN LINZER CHRISTMAS COOKIES
40 Cookies | 90 Minutes
1. Mix all ingredients and knead for about 5 minutes to a smooth dough. Form the finished dough into a ball, roll in cling film and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
2. Preheat oven at 180°C top/bottom heat.
3. Roll out the dough thinly on a floured surface and cut out 40 cookies with a round cookie cutter for the bottom side of the cookies. For the top side, also cut out 40 cookies. Additionally, cut out the middle of the cookie with a star or heart cutter. Put all cut out dough blanks on a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake for about 13 minutes. Let them cool down well, so that they do not break when you spread them on the baking tray.
4. Put the jam in a pot and warm it up slightly.
5. Spread some jam on the bottom of each cookie. Place the top side on top and press down gently. Do this with all 40 cookies. Let the cookies dry on a baking tray or cooling rack.
6. Sprinkle the finished cookies with powdered sugar
Keep the cookies fresh in a tin covered with baking paper for a about 4 weeks.
Pia used "black currants" and "raspberries" jam for her cookies. She personally thinks black currant jam works best with these cookies. And of course, we like to orientate ourselves by the professionals :)
You want more great vegan recipes? Follow our Pia on her instagram einfach.vegan.essen and get inspired!
And now we want to get to know your favorite recipes!
Leave your recommendations in the comments!
Have a wonderful day!
Lots of LOVE,
Ines & Pia & the Kia-Charlotta Team
Don't forget to share our blog posts or videos if you liked them and follow us on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest for more inspiring and informative posts! Also remember to use #kiacharlotta or tag us with @kiacharlotta so we can see all your great posts!